Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Welcome and Introduction

Greetings!
Let me introduce this blog.  It is a place where I will be sharing some thoughts and observations from time to time, but most importantly, it is where I will be sharing the direction of the sermons for the coming weeks.  Some pastors are pretty free-form in their sermons (and some tend to come up with what they are going to say as they say it!), while others follow a strict pattern.  Others utilize the idea of series sermons and still others are straight lectionary preachers.
(For those of you who don't know what "lectionary" means, let me explain.  A lectionary is a listing of scripture readings that have been decided upon by the larger Christian church that follow the Christian Year.  In other words, the lectionary is a list of scriptures for each Sunday and special holiday.)
I tend to preach from a mix of lectionary and series.  And this blog will keep you posted as to what those sermons are going to be.
I hope that you will check back on a regular basis, as I will keep this page updated as the series and/or sermons change.

As always, you are invited to come and be a part of our worship service at Harrison United Methodist Church beginning on Sunday mornings at 10:55.

Grace and Peace,
Rev. Charles Ensminger

No comments:

Post a Comment